PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lt Murray - Jan 6 2008

Jeepscum
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
:angry5: Today I got very board and needed to unleash some steam after a bad week in the shop, but only found more. I called up my buddy and his brother to go play at the LT and do some shooting. We took his 06' GMC 1500 on 40' Toyo's and his 84 K-5 he just sold to a friend. We wanted to show the kid how the k-5 could perform but keep him supervised. Any way we went out sheep company rd. And hit the muddy road to the shooting range we turned down in to the shooting range to see a dozen people shooting at piles of trash :angry5: it was disgusting appliances, tire/wheels, propane tanks, and hundred of cardboard boxes and wood target frames. This is getting me ****ed :banghead: the muzaloader club works very hard to keep the trash clean and un shoot signs up. After we watched several people shooting without ear or eye protection we left on up the road a mile where we had to drive out off the green dot road to miss a 14ft fiberglass boats remains spread accross a few hundred yards that it had been dragged for fun. We progressed on looking for a quiet area to teach the kid how to use his K-5 safely we look in the rear view mirror to see a red stock XJ coming up on us at high speed. So we let him by and went right to what was once called the frog ponds. Upon arriving there we found the dried up water holes fillled with truck loads of appliances and trash these are water holes for wild life in the summer months not garbage pits or mud bogs. We stopped to stretch a leg and happen to see the red XJ barreling down a power line road at about 45 mph straight at us where he wipped a high speed circle bring the jeep on its drivers wheels ( we thought it was down right there) he corrected the jeep and pointed it at the hill reved the engine yelled some obsinity out the window and hit the gas. This was a steep very icy hill that he was sideways alll the way up. But midway he hit a stair step up and had the XJ's front end 3 ft in the air it came down hard and he kept going I do not know how. The XJ then gave us a repeat perform on the way down with a matching near roll over stop next to us. This SOB jumps out of the XJ with a mini 30 I think and starts shooting at the road we all just traveled up. Time to leave the XJ owner had no seat belt on, had a load assult rifle in the front seat, and the worst was a small boy in the back seat crying out of fear of his ride he just recieved. This guy came close to the truck and was intoxicated so we left down the rode in search of cell service on the open plans to get this guy to the sheriff. We got most of our experience on camera phones and will be turning over to ORV sheriffs but this seldom has any effect as they are so over loaded with all there areas. We were very worried about the small boy but the guy had a rifle and we were just plinkin or 22's today. :crybaby: Very sad what is happening out their I called my uncle he works for the DWL and it is his job to clean up the boat and appliances tomorrow. This is a nice area to do light wheeling and hunt or shoot but it will soon close due to this problem and that came from the ORV sheriffs I know personally they cant handle it out there anymore it needs 24hr supervision. :crybaby:

colemancooler
01-07-2008, 04:59 AM
thanks for doing your part :salute:

Fish
01-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Crap like this ****** me off... :angry5:

I feel sorry for that kid and I hope that guy gets what's coming to him!!!

Ceg
01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I am sorry to hear this. People are screwing things up faster that we can spread the Tread Lightly word and make things right.
:banghead:

Thanks for your help. :thumbright:

Jerry
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
That idiot and others like him can maim or kill innocent bystanders to say nothing of drastically hurting the 4-wheeling hobby, shooting sports and fatherhood. What a donkey. I sincerely hope you stand your ground and turn your photos over to the Sheriff's Department. It makes me sick, but thanks for passing on your experience.

beast1210
01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
red cherkee huh, yeah my brakes havent been great lately.....tierods can go without warning.....I have been meaning to see the eastside more. Mmmm