PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Moses Lake and Beverly?

GrnXnham
03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
We are thinking of going to Moses Lake and/or Beverly to ride our quads for a few days over Spring Break the 1st week of April. I'm trying to figure out where to dry camp in our toy hauler for these two places.

It's been a few years since I've been to Moses Lake but I remember just pulling off the road onto the sand and camping anywhere. No designated spots. It was a free-for-all. Is this still the same?

We've never been to Beverly so I don't know if it's even okay to camp there. Can you just camp in the parking lot or do you have to go elsewhere? I can't seem to find any info on the internet about camping at either of these two places.

Thanks

Ceg
03-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Moses Lake is the same as before.

Beverly Dunes most people camp it the trees. There are trash cans and out houses where people camp. As you come into the parking area, camping is across to your right in the trees. Southwest corner of the parking area.

Free camping for both area.

GrnXnham
03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the help!

Fatboy
03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Beverly Dunes is a sand box compared to Moses Lake. Both are fun, but you could cover all of Beverly Dunes in less than an hour. Just my 2 cents worth. :salute:

GrnXnham
03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I found out the sizes of each place. At least I could find this info on the internet.

Moses Lake is about 2000 acres and Beverly is about 300 acres but they are close together so we could always just drive quickly from one to the other.

By comparison, Sand Lake in Oregon is 1000 acres and the entire Oregon Dunes recreation area that is available for riding is about 16000 acres.

Sometimes we've found, however, that bigger doesn't always mean better. Usually, bigger means more crowds which can be a PITA on holiday weekends.

Ceg
03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Beverly Dunes does have some cool trails in the trees.

Ceg
03-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Here is an update info link on Beverly: http://www.aworc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4860

GrnXnham
03-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Lots of good info and pics of Beverly posted on here by Ceg now.

Thanks!