PDA

View Full Version : Brewcraft USA Home Brewing Starter Equipment Kit

Ceg
02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
This does not look to be a bad price for what is included:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11300955&whse=BC&topnav=%20;&cat=79163&hierPath=3605*79163*&lang=en-US

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/ProductLarge/324481LL.jpg

Brewcraft USA Home Brewing Starter Equipment Kit
Designed For 5 Gallons of English Mild Draught Ale
Item # 324481

$99.99
Shipping & Handling included *

Click Here for Brewing Instructions. (http://www.costco.com/Images/Content/Misc/PDF/324481.pdf)

Brewcraft has supplied brewers around the world with the highest quality ingredients for decades. Our customer base includes hundreds of well-known commercial breweries, many of whom are run by former home brewers who turned their hobby into a living. We have drawn on their experience to create a kit that will address the needs of the first-time brewer.

With the Brewcraft USA Home Brewing Equipment Kit, you are given complete control over your recipes. This kit contains all the items necessary to steep your grain, boil your hops in the wort and brew beer like a professional. This kit includes ingredients for your first 5 gallon batch of English Mild Draught Ale that tastes like it came straight from a brewery tap.

* Designed to produce 5 gallons (over 48-12 oz. bottles) of premium beer
* Conforms to the size needed for most published beer recipes
* Batch size matches the most common size of consumer keg format for easy kegging
* Includes ingredients for a 5 gallon batch of English Mild Draught Ale

Includes

* 1 Stainless Steel Stock Pot with Lid (20 Qts.)
* 1 S-Shape Airlock
* 3 ft. Clear Vinyl Tubing (5/16" I. D.)
* 1 Easy Auto Siphon Cane/Plunger unit
* 1 Six Gallon Plastic Fermenting Pail (1 Lid included)
* 1 Bottling Bucket
* 1 Beer Bottle Filler (Easy Flow)
* 1 Self-Adhesive Fermometer (38-78 F)
* 1 Triple Scale Wax & Shot Hydrometer
* 1 Star San Cleaner/Sanitizer 4 oz.
* 1 Grommet for Brewcraft Fermenter Lid
* 1 English Draught Mild Ingredient Kit
* Instructions

Note: Nylon bottle brush shown in image is NOT included

Ceg
02-16-2010, 09:36 PM
This kit has a few different things than I have used in the past.

My airlock is not S-Shape. I never used a 3 ft. Clear Vinyl Tubing (5/16" I. D.) , a Easy Auto Siphon Cane/Plunger unit or Bottling Bucket. I have only use the one Six Gallon Plastic Fermenting bucket. Never the second. I guess things have changed over the years. :dontknow:

I just bought a Brewcraft Munich Lager Beer Ingredient Kit yesterday and saw it called for this extra stuff. Wow I am confused now. :help:

McKBrew
02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Did you buy this set-up?

Secondary buckets are not absolutely necessary. Many people just leave the beer in primary for a longer period of time. The pot with that kit looks a bit small, but will work OK for starting out or starting over.

Ceg
02-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Did you buy this set-up?

Secondary buckets are not absolutely necessary. Many people just leave the beer in primary for a longer period of time. The pot with that kit looks a bit small, but will work OK for starting out or starting over.No. I have most of that stuff from before. I just bought the Brewcraft Munich Lager Beer Ingredient Kit and started the research on the net after seeing they want the second bucket.