Thread: Moses Lake Sand Dune Run - Sept 2011

Bike Quad Rig Moses Lake Sand Dune Run - Sept 2011

Was nice meeting everyone!! Thanks for all the help after our little flop..

Ron I have your goggles that you let my daughter use. PM me your address and I will send them to you.

Here is the gps log from our trip.

Last edited by Ceg; 12-05-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Prefix
    Tim

1999 XJ (in the works)
    1991 Suburban 6" lift
    2012 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
    2011 Polaris RZR-S
    2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650
    2009 Can-Am DS 250
    (RETIRED) 1993 XJ 4.5" lift 44/30 locked 4.88

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by compunerdy View Post
    Was nice meeting everyone!! Thanks for all the help after our little flop..

Ron I have your goggles that you let my daughter use. PM me your address and I will send them to you.

Here is the gps log from our trip.
    It was nice meeting you too. I have your towel and this morning we found a flares from one of the black XJs that came. Both are at mp place in Selah. I should have my report up by tomorrow afternoon.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Quad Rig

Moses Lake Sand Dunes ORV Run
    Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures
    Photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures and Ron Palstring.

On Friday September 23rd, 2011 Bubz and I headed to the Moses Lake Sand Dunes for the Eastern Washington Adventures ORV Run. We pulled in around 7:30 PM. Icesis (w/wife & Daughter), Sgt. MC (w/wife) and Guido were already there and had a good camp spot for our group. in the gravel pit.

Saturday morning St.Paulies showed up with his quad, Jeremy Lervold with his XJ and Jeremy Lervold's friend with his XJ. We all headed out to play on the dunes. Near the yellow Zone Guido's CJ7 stopped running. The guys in the XJ's tried to tow Guido's CJ7 back in. We headed back for lunch. Vince and his son were waiting for us back at camp. When we were gone, Compunerdy and his daughter had unload their RZR and was out looking for us. Everyone showed back up at camp shortly after we pulled in. The XJs could not tow Guido back so St.Paulies went home to get his Ford Thingy.

St.Paulies showed up with his Ford Thingy and headed out to pull Guido's CJ7 back. We headed out toward the Yellow Zone to play around the Pot Holes. We made it out to the flats and took a break. The two XJ showed up to run with us.

We headed on down the flats for some fast fun along the water. A ways down the flats Compunerdy some how rolled his RZR. They got the RZR back on it's wheels and then Vince broke down on Icesis' Raptor. The carbs came loose on the Raptor so they had to tow the Raptor back to camp with Sgt. Mc's RZR Icesis was driving. Once we got back to camp, we took a break and they worked on fixing the Raptor.

Guido and St.Paulies showed up to camp with Guido's CJ7. They could not pull Guido's CJ7 out of the Dunes with the Ford Thingy. They had to pull Guido's CJ7's fuel tank twice to get the CJ7 back to camp. Something to do with the fuel pick up tube. St.Paulies headed home to get ready for a wedding.

A few of us headed back out after the Raptor was fixed. We rode awhile then stopped to let the kids go swimming in Moses Lake. It was getting late so we head back to camp. Vince and son, Compunerdy and daughter all head out for home. We had a good barbeque dinner.

Sunday morning St.Paulies showed up. St.Paulies and Icesis (w/Bubz) rode quads I got to drive Sgt. Mc's RZR with Guido as my co-pilot. We played for an hour or so before heading back to camp to pack up for home.

This was a very fun run thanks to all who came.

Here are some photos of our trip.

Saturday getting ready to play in the dunes.

Out on the Moses Lake Sand Dunes.

Photo by Ron Palstring.

Near the yellow Zone Guido's CJ7 stopped running. The guys in the XJ's tried to tow Guido's CJ7 back in. We headed back for lunch. Vince and his son were waiting for us back at camp. When we were gone, Compunerdy and his daughter had unload their RZR and was out looking for us. Everyone showed back up at camp shortly after we pulled in. The XJs could not tow Guido back so St.Paulies went home to get his Ford Thingy.

St.Paulies showed up with his Ford Thingy and headed out to pull Guido's CJ7 back.

We headed out toward the Yellow Zone to play around the Pot Holes. We made it out to the flats and took a break.

The two XJ showed up to run with us.

We headed on down the flats for some fast fun along the water. A ways down the flats Compunerdy some how rolled his RZR. They got the RZR back on it's wheels.

Photo by Ron Palstring.

Then Vince broke down on Icesis' Raptor. The carbs came loose on the Raptor so they had to tow the Raptor back to camp with Sgt. Mc's RZR Icesis was driving.

Once we got back to camp, we took a break and they worked on fixing the Raptor.

St.Paulies showed up with his Ford Thingy and headed out to pull Guido's CJ7 back.

Looking back at camp waiting for a few people.

Vince slid off the trail and got stuck.

Bubz winching Vince out.

Down by the water of Moses Lake.

The kids went swimming.

Photo by Ron Palstring.

The Pizza Jeep.

A nice nice to sit out at Moses Lake Sand Dunes.

Sunday getting ready to ride.

Guido hanging on as I drive Sgt. Mc's RZR.

Taking a break.

The RZR was close to being out of fuel so we all headed back to camp to pack up for home.

Another great time was had at Moses Lake Sand Dunes. We cannot wait to go back.
    Last edited by Ceg; 09-29-2011 at 07:38 AM.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.

Junior Adventurer Jeremy Lervold's Avatar
    Thanks for a great weekend guys. I had a ton of fun and i look forward to more events! I will let chase know that his fender flare has been found but he just got bushwackers so im not sure if he needs it back. Also i have more pictures to upload later.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Lervold View Post
    Thanks for a great weekend guys. I had a ton of fun and i look forward to more events! I will let chase know that his fender flare has been found but he just got bushwackers so im not sure if he needs it back. Also i have more pictures to upload later.
    It was good meeting you guys. I hope you can make it out to more events.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

I had a fun time. Glad we got Guido Jeep out safely and i still made it to the wedding on time. BTW im pretty sure his tires are full of lead... heaviest jeep i've ever tuged on hahaha. wish i made it to the mud flats, oh well next time.

It was really nice to meet Ron, and Ron, and ummm then the 3rd Ron hahahah.Jermy and his freind and compunerdy! Worked on Guidos Jeep with him so we got well aquainted. I cant want for our next Eastern Washington Adventure.

Here is what happened yankin on Guido Jeep...Good thing im not peg..leg

EWA Club Member / Park Ranger Foxracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nice pics! looks like it was warm over there
    04 Wrangler Rubicon (adventure rig)- 3.25" Rough Country lift, JKS 1.25 body lift, 1.25 motor mount lift, 35 KM2 tires, homemade on board air system Viair 450c compressor, custom rear bumper air tank, Dana 44's locked front/rear superior chromoly axle shafts, spicer u-joints, NP241 t-case 4:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000 lb winch, custom built rock sliders, light bar, and exhaust

04 Yamaha Banshee (fast toy)350cc twin 2 stroker - Toomey T-6 Racing Pipes, jetted and tuned

06 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon (Daily Driver/ back roads adventure rig) - custom 1 inch lift, chopped front bumper, 27 inch General Grabber tires, custom built light bar, Hella 500 FF rally lights, Primitive Racing 1/4 aluminum engine skid / rear diff skid, tow package, and magnaflow exhaust

Looks like you guys had fun! minus the flop and Guido's rig problems..... too bad I missed out
    97 TJ
    4 squirrels, 4" lift, 35" BFG KM2's, OX lockers F/R, 4:88 gears, winch, onboard air, upgraded 30 spline chromolly rear axles, homemade custom tube fenders/body armor, and other stuff...

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Great photos and reports. Thank you to all who shared.

We need more people to post theirs more often.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

Minus the flop? That was the best part!! I now have a excuse to buy a aftermarket cage and belts. If you have a rzr get some H-harness's because those shoulder belts mess you up even in a mild roll over.
    Tim

1999 XJ (in the works)
    1991 Suburban 6" lift
    2012 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
    2011 Polaris RZR-S
    2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650
    2009 Can-Am DS 250
    (RETIRED) 1993 XJ 4.5" lift 44/30 locked 4.88