Thread: Juniper Dunes ORV Run - Nov 5 2011

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

4 Wheeling Juniper Dunes ORV Run - Nov 5 2011

Juniper Dunes ORV Run
    Report and photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Around 10 AM on Saturday November 5th, 2011 we met up at the big parking area in Smith Canyon for the
    Eastern Washington Adventures Juniper Dunes ORV Run.

We had a big turn-out with some real nice people and all types of rigs. We aired down and made our way out to the dunes.
    We wheeled most of the area but did not get to play on a ll the good climbs since the area is so big.

It was a great day wheeling and we cannot wait to go back.

Here are some pictures of the day:

Last edited by Ceg; 11-11-2011 at 10:47 PM.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR
    National Rifle Association Member

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1977 C20 Farm truck, 350 ci
    1984 XJ, 4.0 L, AW4, NP242, 4.5" Rough Country, 3.73s, D30, D44 w/LS, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Colemancooler winch bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XJ
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Rough County 2.5 lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Thanks for the pictures! Had fun. About 8 or so of us at the back totally lost track of all the rest when the GC got stock and had to be pulled out, after we left the far back corner and started southwest again. I am certainly coming back again, and gonna bring a friend or two, and we're going to explore the wilderness area a bit too ( on foot, of course ). Hope to make one of the trips with you guys when you tour some other areas I've not seen before.

Looks like a fun trip; thanks for sharing!

Nice Commando!
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Fun trip! It was great to meet everyone,although there were so many people I didn't get a chacnce to meet some.I got to see some very nice rigs.here's a couple of pics.

Thanks for letting us tag along!
    Toyota farmer:98 4Runner,88 4Runner,90extra cab(the clapper),85 4x4 frame with a 94 2wd body on it(FrankenYota)

Junior Adventurer
    I had fun, But the sand is going to take some getting use to in my cj5. It was nice to make it out there i'v wanted to see what was out there for years. It was nice to meet most of every one. Hope to do some more trips with you guys.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Wagon View Post
    Thanks for the pictures! Had fun. About 8 or so of us at the back totally lost track of all the rest when the GC got stock and had to be pulled out, after we left the far back corner and started southwest again. I am certainly coming back again, and gonna bring a friend or two, and we're going to explore the wilderness area a bit too ( on foot, of course ). Hope to make one of the trips with you guys when you tour some other areas I've not seen before.
    Sorry we lost you guys. We called over the radio when were still with the group where we were headed. We lost site of the rigs as we went over a few small hills. We lost radio contact with the group so I call on the phone to who I had numbers for but their phones could not get service or they were dead I found out later. We knew you were in good hands since there were many that know the area. We ran into part of the group at the upper parking area and they told us they though everyone was back out. It is hard to keep track of a big group in the rolling hills when there are many trails. On the mountain trails we stop when we don't see the guy behind us and make sure people know where we turn. It is much easier when everyone follows the same path which is not easy out in the sand areas or at the Slab.

It was nice meeting you. I hope you can make some more runs with us in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    Looks like a fun trip; thanks for sharing!

Nice Commando!
    It was a great trip.

That is a very nice Jeep. Sounds good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Dave View Post
    Fun trip! It was great to meet everyone,although there were so many people I didn't get a chacnce to meet some.I got to see some very nice rigs.here's a couple of pics.

Thanks for letting us tag along!
    Thank for posting pictures. It was good to meet you and I also didn't chance to meet or talk to everyone.

Thanks for coming. I hope you guys can make it out in April when we come back again and of course to some of the out events.

Quote Originally Posted by sammitt View Post
    I had fun, But the sand is going to take some getting use to in my cj5. It was nice to make it out there i'v wanted to see what was out there for years. It was nice to meet most of every one. Hope to do some more trips with you guys.
    It was good to meet you. Nice CJ5. You will get use to it's short wheel base. I love my CJ5 but it is a better trail rig than a dune buggy . I hope you can make some forest runs with us.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1984 XJ, 4.0 L, AW4, NP242, 4.5" Rough Country, 3.73s, D30, D44 w/LS, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Colemancooler winch bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2003 Yukon XJ
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Rough County 2.5 lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.

I had a great time, it was good to get a tour of the area after not being there for 20+yrs. Thanks for your efforts putting this together. Great meeting everyone too.
    [i]Rory DesJardin[/i]
    [url]http://www.radesignsproducts.com[/url]
    About as far east in WA as you can get! Clarkston, WA
    1982 Toyota, 2RZ(non-turbo), A340F, dual cases w/Triple Sticks, 4.88's, 36" IROK's, 63's and RUF's, and more

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.DesJardin View Post
    I had a great time, it was good to get a tour of the area after not being there for 20+yrs. Thanks for your efforts putting this together. Great meeting everyone too.
    Thanks for coming. Hope to see you on another run.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XJ

Junior Adventurer
    Looks like everyone had fun, I will have to go on the next one.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Looks like everyone had fun, I will have to go on the next one.
    Yes this was a great time. The next one we have planned is Juniper Dunes ORV Run - Apr 14 2012 as of now. It should be even better since we are camping out and will have more time to wheel.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XJ

Hello this Dan aka (spud) i was with Mike M. on the November Juniper Dune run and i happen to have a few pic's of the run.

Last edited by spud; 04-18-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: well i do..lol something went wrong ill try one more time