Thread: Thanksgiving Run: Ahtanum Snow Wheeling - Nov 26 2011

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

4 Wheeling Thanksgiving Run: Ahtanum Snow Wheeling - Nov 26 2011

Thanksgiving Run: Ahtanum Snow Wheeling
    Report and photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

10 AM on Saturday November 26th, 2011 we met up at Tampico Church for the annual Eastern Washington Adventures
    Thanksgiving Weekend 4x4 snow Run.

We headed down South Fork Ahtanum Road and stopped to air down at a turn out. Once aired down, we ran South Fork
    A-1000 to the end and onto Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail. We ran the Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail until the snow was as deep as "Test
    Dummy's" XJ hood. That was just short of the Dual Climbs.

We turned around and headed back down passing the South Fork Road to run Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail toward Tampico.
    There were a few places on the trail that were challenging due to snow and off camber. Dropping off the Rocky Climb was
    real fun being the lead rig. After the first few rigs dropped off the Rocky Climb it became a toboggan ride for the rest. We
    regrouped near the bottom and headed on past Red Saddle to A-2420 where we stopped for a short break.

Next we dropped down to the old Sno-park. Three of the rigs aired up for home and the rest of us headed up Jackass Road.
    Close to Ewe Neck the snow got deep and the road became dangerous because of the off camber drifts.

We turned around and headed back down. We took A-5000 Doe Pocket Road down to Nasty Creek Corrals were most aired
    up for home.

Foxracer and I ran Nasty Creek Road up and then took C-1000 out to Cowiche Mill Road. We aired up down near the
    pavement.

We stopped at Quick Stop in Cowiche for Foxracer to top off his gas tank and to pick up some refreshments to take back to
    the Club House.

This was a great run thanks to all who came.

Here are some pictures of the day and the fun we had:

Meeting up at Tampico Church.

We headed down South Fork Ahtanum Road and stop to air down at a turn out.

Turning onto Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail where the snow got deep enough to be a challenge.

Guido slid off the trail but was able to get back on with working his rig.

We ran the Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail until the snow was as deep as "Test Dummy's" XJ hood just short of the Dual Climbs.

My crew.

Tiny got stuck and BlindPilot pulled him out.

Guido found he had a flat. TJ40 used his new jack he won at the Eastern Washington Adventures Summer Meet & Greet
    raffle that 4WheelingPlus.com donated. We used my on board air to seat the bead.

We turned around and headed back down.

Passing the South Fork Road to run Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail toward Tampico.

Jeepscum's guest got stuck and TJ40 helped him out.

Moving on down the Sedge Ridge 4x4 Trail.

There were a few places on the trail that were challenging due to snow and off camber. Dropping off the Rocky Climb was
    real fun being the lead rig. After the first few rigs dropped off the Rocky Climb it became a toboggan ride for the rest. At the
    bottom of the Rocky Climb waiting for the others to make it though the off camber section.

Where are they? We must be missing out on some fun.

We moved on down the trail so the rigs coming off the Rocky Climb would not slid into us. Regrouping at Red Saddle

Moving on down Sedge Ridge. Over looking the Yakima Valleys.

We stopped at A2420 for a break before dropping down.

Down at the Old Sno-park three rigs aired up for home.

The rest of us headed up Jackass Road.

I got stuck.

Foxracer pulled my rig out.

Jeepscum got stuck and his guest pulled him out.

Tiny pressing his luck again in deep soft snow.

Tint was able to work it and get back up in the tracks.

A tree fall across the road and everyone forgot their chainsaws.

BlindPilot could not winch the whole tree so he tried to snap off the end so we could get through.

The end did break enough for use to drive through.

Close to Ewe Neck the snow got deep and BlindPilot got stuck. Foxracer pulled BlindPilot's rig out.

The road became dangerous because of the off camber drifts. We turned around to head back down.

We took A-5000 Doe Pocket Road down to Nasty Creek Corrals were most aired up for home.

Foxracer and I ran Nasty Creek Road up and then took C-1000 out to Cowiche Mill Road. We aired up down near the
    pavement.

We stopped at Quick Stop in Cowiche for Foxracer to top off his gas tank and to pick up some refreshments to take back to
    the Club House.

This was a great run thanks to all who came.
    Last edited by Ceg; 11-28-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Typo
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

I had a great time as always! Good run and great people, good weather. I didn't take any pictures, hopefully my c r a p talking co-pilot will post some of the pictures he took Thanks for the company and entertainment Waycrazy.
    97 TJ
    4 squirrels, 4" lift, 35" BFG KM2's, OX lockers F/R, 4:88 gears, winch, onboard air, upgraded 30 spline chromolly rear axles, homemade custom tube fenders/body armor, and other stuff...

Looks like great fun.

Man, I need to figure out a way to be two places at one time!
    2004 TJ. Some tires, a winch, and stuff.

EWA Club Member / Park Ranger Foxracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I snapped some pictures with my cell phone I'll try to upload soon. Fun run as always and still worth the drive over!
    04 Wrangler Rubicon (adventure rig)- 3.25" Rough Country lift, JKS 1.25 body lift, 1.25 motor mount lift, 35 KM2 tires, homemade on board air system Viair 450c compressor, custom rear bumper air tank, Dana 44's locked front/rear superior chromoly axle shafts, spicer u-joints, NP241 t-case 4:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000 lb winch, custom built rock sliders, light bar, and exhaust

04 Yamaha Banshee (fast toy)350cc twin 2 stroker - Toomey T-6 Racing Pipes, jetted and tuned

06 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon (Daily Driver/ back roads adventure rig) - custom 1 inch lift, chopped front bumper, 27 inch General Grabber tires, custom built light bar, Hella 500 FF rally lights, Primitive Racing 1/4 aluminum engine skid / rear diff skid, tow package, and magnaflow exhaust

I didnt take to many pics. I was to busy razzing everyone .
    What a nice day

Blindpilot thinks his heep is a snow plow

A few of the rigs

Scout trying to hide his head because he is embarrassed that he smells so bad.

Foxracer had to take a pic of me.He thinks I am sexy.

The deep snow is that way!

Havo rooting around in the snow.
    A BAD DAY OF WHEELIN IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN THE BEST DAY AT WORK
    77CJ5 360amc ,NP435,rear=Jap9"Knockoff welded, Jap9"Knockoff lockright,4:11 gears Hydro assist steering

[img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Right on Waycrazy. Thanks for sharing your pics.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.