Thread: Historical site loses Teapot

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Historical site loses Teapot

Here is a post by KIMA about the move of the Historic Teapot Dome that was next to I-82 east of Zillah.

KIMA Action News

Zillah's historic Teapot Dome officially has a new home! Crews moved the teapot this morning to a spot next to the civic center on First Avenue. It will be turned into a visitor's center. What do you think about the move?

Last edited by Ceg; 03-20-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

I didn't realize it would have to be dismantled to such an extent to move it, but I'm glad they are doing it. Win/win... Zillah gets something to draw people to town and the historic building is saved. Can't wait to go and check it out after they finish up!
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Junior Adventurer
    I think it's good to see It be restored it was starting to look pretty tattered. This way it will get some use in may help draw some people into the town.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    It is great they are restoring the building and the move to town to be used sounds like a good plan. I will miss seeing it off the side of the Freeway though. It always reminds me of the time I lived with my grandparents when I was a little kid. They lived in Sunnyside and we would go by the Teapot often. I remember stopping at it a few times.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceg View Post
    It is great they are restoring the building and the move to town to be used sounds like a good plan. I will miss seeing it off the side of the Freeway though. It always reminds me of the time I lived with my grandparents when I was a little kid. They lived in Sunnyside and we would go by the Teapot often. I remember stopping at it a few times.
    WOW you're old ! Just kidding Ceg,I remember stopping there as a kid too. Glad to see it being saved and rebuilt,it was looking pretty shabby.
    Toyota farmer:98 4Runner,88 4Runner,90extra cab(the clapper),85 4x4 frame with a 94 2wd body on it(FrankenYota)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceg View Post
    I will miss seeing it off the side of the Freeway though. I remember stopping at it a few times.
    Same here but glad that they are giving it a new life. I have always pointed it out to the kids as we went by on the HWY
    Kenny
    97 ZJ
    No honey...I brought it back in one piece. Where did all that sand come from?