Thread: Ellensburg is getting a Water Park

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Ellensburg is getting a Water Park

On KIMA News they tell about the water park that is coming to Ellensburg.

See the report:
    Plans for Ellensburg water park, outlets to create jobs: http://www.kimatv.com/news/business/...143741916.html
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1977 C20 Farm truck, 350 ci
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Rough County 2.5 lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Cool idea. Hope that they are planning this with gas prices in mind. Just saying that they are depending on people driving a ways to get there and lets say in three years gas will be...what..$ 7 maybe $ 8 bucks a gallon. But great for us in the winter time. We will go there instead of Silver Mountain in Kellogg Id.
    Kenny
    97 ZJ
    No honey...I brought it back in one piece. Where did all that sand come from?

My kids are excited.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

Quote Originally Posted by kenny24 View Post
    Cool idea. Hope that they are planning this with gas prices in mind. Just saying that they are depending on people driving a ways to get there and lets say in three years gas will be...what..$ 7 maybe $ 8 bucks a gallon. But great for us in the winter time. We will go there instead of Silver Mountain in Kellogg Id.
    Well, I'm hoping after the next election we'll have a president that has a strong energy policy (drill baby drill) and gas prices will recede... but I think Ellensburg is a pretty good location regardless. If the water park is decent, it will draw from the Yakima Valley and from the West Side. People headed to Moses Lake or Couer d'Alene will have a closer choice. What I like best though is this isn't sucking up tax dollars. (These things need to sink or swim [pun intended] on their own!)
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Junior Adventurer
    Oh were drilling right now! There's lots of drilling going on in North Dakota. I worked back there last summer. Most the crude either goes to Canada or is railed to Texas for EXPORT! Know this cause I was hauling it to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    Well, I'm hoping after the next election we'll have a president that has a strong energy policy (drill baby drill) and gas prices will recede... but I think Ellensburg is a pretty good location regardless. If the water park is decent, it will draw from the Yakima Valley and from the West Side. People headed to Moses Lake or Couer d'Alene will have a closer choice. What I like best though is this isn't sucking up tax dollars. (These things need to sink or swim [pun intended] on their own!)
    I hope to be swimming...hope they have a wave pool. The kids love those things
    Kenny
    97 ZJ
    No honey...I brought it back in one piece. Where did all that sand come from?

Quote Originally Posted by midnitetrucker76 View Post
    Oh were drilling right now! There's lots of drilling going on in North Dakota. I worked back there last summer. Most the crude either goes to Canada or is railed to Texas for EXPORT! Know this cause I was hauling it to Canada.
    Our drilling is miniscule compared to what it could be though. (Props to ND. Seems to be the only place in U.S. with a decent economy. And why, because they are drilling!)

Another part of it is refining too. We need to be doing a lot more of it.

But the biggest issue is one of mentality. We have an administration... and many in Congress... who have made it clear they are anti-oil. This keeps people uneasy and speculation high.
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Junior Adventurer
    Sounds like a good idea to get people out an about and enjoying their summer weather, also great for creating jobs for those that live nearby.

It will be nice to have another choice. Kids don't really care if we go to Silverwood, Lake Chelan, GreatWolf Lodge, as long as we go somewhere. I get bored going to the same place all the time.

We got a Carl's Jr now, but still NO water park.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used