Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 1987 GMC Crew Cab 1-ton 4X4

  1. #1

    1987 GMC Crew Cab 1-ton 4X4

    1987 GMC Crew Cab, 4WD, 350 V8 Fuel Injected, TH400, NP205, Dana 60 front, Corporate 14Bolt rear, Runs and Drives - $2500 CASH - No Trades

    Ron The Parts Guy!

    I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

  2. #2
    Cool truck! I'm not in the market... and probably won't be for years... but I think the perfect truck for me is basically this, but with a big block, maybe even a 502 crate engine if I could ever figure out how to afford one. I like my V-10 Super Duty just fine, but I get annoyed at all the things that can go wrong with it, and the expense to fix it. An older, simpler truck seems to make a lot of sense. Parts are readily available and affordable. It would tow and haul whatever I needed. Maybe some day...
    Matt

    74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

    [URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    I like my V-10 Super Duty just fine, but I get annoyed at all the things that can go wrong with it, and the expense to fix it. An older, simpler truck seems to make a lot of sense. Parts are readily available and affordable.
    I agree. Older trucks are WAY easier and cheaper to repair. PLUS: Older trucks don't have payments to the bank every month as well.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

    I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

  4. #4
    Senior Adventurer Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Washington
    Posts
    2,374
    can you take some picks of the interior and post them up?
    "I got the jeep thing... now it burns when I pee"
    Jeep> 1987 xj, 4.0L, aw4 Tranny, Np 242 Transfer case, 4.5" lift, , Dans 30 open, Dana 44 rear (Spartan Locker) 33x13.5x15 ltb's, Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
    [URL="http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=aworccom"][IMG]http://www.aworc.com/images/4x4_160x55b.gif[/IMG][/URL]

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    can you take some picks of the interior and post them up?
    It's very plain jane.

    Ron The Parts Guy!

    I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

  6. #6
    Adventurer nickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moxee, Washington
    Posts
    160
    Blog Entries
    1
    I want this! If I can sell my Chevy I will be over to take a look at it!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    Cool truck! I'm not in the market... and probably won't be for years... but I think the perfect truck for me is basically this, but with a big block, maybe even a 502 crate engine if I could ever figure out how to afford one. I like my V-10 Super Duty just fine, but I get annoyed at all the things that can go wrong with it, and the expense to fix it. An older, simpler truck seems to make a lot of sense. Parts are readily available and affordable. It would tow and haul whatever I needed. Maybe some day...
    I love my V10, but with that being said I would not have bought a first year.

    Although I totally agree with you. If I didnt have a need to drive a truck everyday I would totally own an older rig like this.

    However I do need my truck all the time so its nice having the newer creature comforts............Great truck though for a good price I cant see it staying around for long.
    2000 F350 Tow Rig/Daily Driver 2" lift on 33" Fierce Attitudes, V10
    1999 F250 2wd Mud Truck project. Divorced Tcase, 3/4 tons and 40s
    1997 XJ Cherokee. Cut/Caged, 6" Lift 38s ~Crash Victim~ AKA Thrasher
    1999 TJ Wrangler. Retired from DD, 6" Lift on 35s needs overhaul. Dana 60/Sterling 10.5 after Superduty project
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    $2000 cash... I want another old school GM motor home for camping this year.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

    I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

  9. #9
    SOLD!

    1st guy to actually come look at it bought it and drove it home. He drove 6+ hours round trip to buy it. WOW!
    Ron The Parts Guy!

    I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •