Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring ORV Run at Juniper Dunes - April 13-15 2012

Bike Quad Rig Spring ORV Run at Juniper Dunes - April 13-15 2012

Pictures from Juniper Dunes, April 14-15 ( Very Large!)

Since these are mostly quite large, I'm simply going to post a link to where you can see them.

The pictures are here.

I'm sorry, I didn't name them, and some of the videos are just junk.

The files that start with DSCN are from Sunday, the ones that with IMG are from Saturday.

Last edited by Ceg; 04-16-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Prefix, post icon, title for search reason
    ==================================

MOPARS, only and forever.

This is from Sunday. My other pictures from the previous day are from the cell phone, which is lousy.

When I got there Sunday morning, it was a beehive of activity. Well, ALMOST....

He looks a lot bigger, wearing all that protection.

This young one was very popular all day. Noisy, too. ( the C-A-T!)

Want to thank my co-pilots for keeping the camera busy and taking both pictures and movies.

Dusty, and it stuck to the bug juice on the windshied...

He had the patience to wait for me to drive slow... Thanks!

The big dune near the big tree... I followed the 4 wheeler... once. Decided not to tempt fate with repeated runs up the steeper parts. .

I did NOT try to follow this act

We then zipped up the pipeline "road". As if the rate of movement could be called "zip" in any fashion. The 4 wheelers went much faster. ceg was having fun.

Our mascot for the day, again. We arrived clear at the back, by the big dunes... and no quads. Miscommunication, it seems.

Incredibly steep dune, and the kids were having an absolute blast while we got the location of everyone sorted out again. Not a trace of tracks from the previous day.

Uh, yeah. Wasn't it cold in the wet part of the sand?

The big dunes and bowl...

We headed back. I followed and I was still lost. Eventually, we followed the power lines until a decision was made not to. And then we followed a "trail" back to the big dunes, and down the road (not the fenceline) back to Smith Canyon. They had to find a better way around, since I could not make the one hill. Didn't even try.

I got sunburned on my neck and part of my face.

It was VERY warm out there when the wind wasn't blowing. When it was, it was chilly.

I had a good weekend. Was great to get away from the daily grind I'm mostly stuck in.

Thanks to the EWA guys for putting it on!

Great Pictures. Thanks for taking the girls with you on Sunday. Emily had fun riding with you. Your Dodge did great all weekend and it was fun wheeling with you. Hope to do it again some time
    Kenny
    97 ZJ
    No honey...I brought it back in one piece. Where did all that sand come from?

Yeah, it was fun. I'm wondering what it would do if I had 265 wide tires and lockers front and back... Anyway, it was fun. Planning on going back on the last Sunday of the month with a friend.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    2012 Spring ORV Run at Juniper Dunes
    Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures
    Photos by Clay Graham & Amanda Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Friday the 13th (April of 2012), we met up with the other Eastern Washington Adventures members to camp out for the Spring ORV Run at Juniper Dunes.

After we got camp set up, we took an afternoon run. The group was small since the main event was plan for the next day. On this run it was Guido in his TJ, Icesis & kids in his RZR and me & kids in the Tweety Jeep. We covered a lot of ground until something happened to the Dana 35 in the Tweety Jeep. It has some loud popping sound. I was able to wheel it back up to the main road and back to camp.

Around 10 AM Saturday April 14th we headed back out to the dunes with a big group of all types of ORVs. Since my rig was down, Odo and I rode with Guido, Kenny24 took two of my other boys and my daughter rode with Icesis in his RZR. Thanks guys!

Out at the big dunes below the upper parking area a few more showed up. We headed out to the Northeast big dunes wheeling the trails all the way. We had a blast out in that section of the Juniper Dunes.

After awhile we wheeled on back to camp for the Potluck Dinner. Thanks to a lot of people pitching in for Potluck Dinner, there was plenty of good food. We had a bond fire that followed dinner. Thank you Kenny24 for providing the fire wood.

Sunday after packing up camp, we took the finial run. I rode my quad, Kenny24 took my 3 boys and Power Wagon took my and Kenny24's daughters. Thanks guys for make it so my family could go Sunday too. We also had AlwayswrenchN in his YJ, TJ40 in his TJ and Craigen on his quad. We covered a lot of ground on Sunday too. It was a blast.

We pull out of camp around 5 PM or so with the kids not wanting to leave. We cannot wait to go back to Juniper Dunes to play.

Thank you to everyone that came out to make this a fun trip.

Here are some photo of he weekend at Juniper Dunes:

Friday the 13th!

Setting up camp.

The first group run.

Guido playing in a bowl.

Icesis getting it with his new RZR.

Day two, Saturday the Main Event!

Heading from camp toward the dunes.

Bobracing was waiting out at the main dune area for us.

Power Wagon & Icesis.

Bobracing caught up with us.

Spot

Barbie

The Middle Kid & Colemancooler.

Kenny24

Red Goat

Red Goat has a happy kid!

Jeffs_62

Kenny24 took a few tries at this climb.

Almost!

Bobracing trying the other side.

Spot gave it a few tries.

The Middle Kid took a few runs at the climb.

Odo stuck in the sand thanks to his friends. LOL

Bobracing testing his luck with his stock YJ.

And he's out.

We found Bobracing stuck.

Power Wagon coming to check things out.

Moving on.

This is a big climb.

Coming back into camp for the Potluck dinner.

The food line.

The cooks.

Kiss the cook!

Every hear of someone with their head stuck in the sand?

Day 3, Sunday!

Doc riding around camp.

A snake in camp.

Breaking down camp.

Kenny24 telling a fish story. LOL

Odo

After packing up we headed out to the dunes.

The ORVs of the day where; AlwayswrenchN in his YJ, TJ40 in his TJ, Kenny24 in his ZJ, Power Wagon in his Dodge, Craigen and Ceg on quads.

The first break.

Craigen and I split off from the group to get a photo of the Juniper Dunes Wilderness sign.

Waiting for the group on a hill above where the Wilderness fence and pipeline meet.

We met up with the group at the Northeast big dunes.

AlwayswrenchN

The last stop before heading back to camp.

Photo by Amanda Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Loaded and waiting for Odo to finish his sandwich to head for home.

Last edited by Ceg; 04-16-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Good pics, looks like a fun time. Clay I think we seen you pass by on the freeway on our way home from Ahtanum last night... I seen something yellow on trailer flash by and when I looked in the mirror I think it was the tweety jeep.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by commando14 View Post
    Good pics, looks like a fun time. Clay I think we seen you pass by on the freeway on our way home from Ahtanum last night... I seen something yellow on trailer flash by and when I looked in the mirror I think it was the tweety jeep.
    Thanks.

Yes, I spotted your Dad's Jeep (because of the blue doors) behind a Motor home just west of Exit 50.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Wagon View Post
    This is from Sunday. My other pictures from the previous day are from the cell phone, which is lousy.
    Nice report, great photos!
    Thanks for giving Monster a ride Sunday.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

Awsome pics, guys. The family had a blast. We will have to do that again soon. We have other plans during the Beverly trip, but we might be able to make a trip out Sunday. Not sure yet.

EWA Club Member / Park Ranger Foxracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great Pics! Looks like a fun place. Clay hope you get your D35 fixed up.
    04 Wrangler Rubicon (adventure rig)- 3.25" Rough Country lift, JKS 1.25 body lift, 1.25 motor mount lift, 35 KM2 tires, homemade on board air system Viair 450c compressor, custom rear bumper air tank, Dana 44's locked front/rear superior chromoly axle shafts, spicer u-joints, NP241 t-case 4:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000 lb winch, custom built rock sliders, light bar, and exhaust

04 Yamaha Banshee (fast toy)350cc twin 2 stroker - Toomey T-6 Racing Pipes, jetted and tuned

06 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon (Daily Driver/ back roads adventure rig) - custom 1 inch lift, chopped front bumper, 27 inch General Grabber tires, custom built light bar, Hella 500 FF rally lights, Primitive Racing 1/4 aluminum engine skid / rear diff skid, tow package, and magnaflow exhaust

Great pics everyone! Looks like a fun time!
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Good job everyone!!! Thanks for helping to keep the trails open.
    "I got the jeep thing... now it burns when I pee"
    Jeep> 1987 xj, 4.0L, aw4 Tranny, Np 242 Transfer case, 4.5" lift, , Dans 30 open, Dana 44 rear (Spartan Locker) 33x13.5x15 ltb's, Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
    [URL="http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=aworccom"][IMG]http://www.aworc.com/images/4x4_160x55b.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Great pics. Wish I could have made it but had a funeral to attend. Hopefully I can make the next run.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxracer View Post
    Great Pics! Looks like a fun place. Clay hope you get your D35 fixed up.
    I was hoping you would have gone. This place is big.
    We still have not had a chance to open up the Dana 35 to see what broke. I am just hoping the locker is the problem since I am out out of 3.73 Dana 35 complete assemblies. Replacing the Lock Right would be cheaper than replacing the Ring & Pinion. If I have to buy gears then I will regear the Dana 44 I have. The Tweety Jeep is going to be down for a while.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

Might have just broke the LR pins. That is what I did in the Azer, but hatted the thing and why I haven't fixed it.
    The pins need replacing about once a year or so and are like $25 for the kit.
    James
    '88 Blazer, with some bolt on things

link to our pics and some that I got from power wagons page.

http://img818.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=easter2012088.jpg
    94 YJ 4.0L, AW4 trans, SOA waggy/yukon springs, D44 & 9" 5.13w/ lockers, 37/13.50 Pitbull rockers, warn 8274
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L-[]llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) North East Oregon 4wheelers
    http://www.neo4wheelers.com/

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Here are a few photos from my cell phone:

Leaving the Club house on Friday the 13th.

Gas for Tweety Jeep in Sunnyside.

Pulling into Smith Canyon.

Lunch

The kids rode around camp.

One of them flopped my quad.

Saturday's run.

Sunday

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

We had a blast with everyone this weekend. Big thanks to CEG for all he did to put this together. The family is looking forward to the next run we can go on. Great times, great people, and great fun and I got my first sun burn of the season.
    Last edited by kenny24; 04-17-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Kenny
    97 ZJ
    No honey...I brought it back in one piece. Where did all that sand come from?

Quote Originally Posted by kenny24 View Post
    I got my first sun burn of the season.
    LOL! Me too! Fortunately, it has faded and I no longer feel it at all. I got burned on the neck and side of my face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast