Thread: Beverly Dunes Camp-out & Clean-up - Apr 26-28 2013

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Beverly Dunes Camp-out & Clean-up - Apr 26-28 2013

Beverly Dunes Clean-up & Camp-out
    Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures
    Photos by Clay Graham Ron Palstring, Doc Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Every year Yakima/Kittitas Forest Watch Association (the non-profit division of Eastern Washington Adventures) puts on a clean-up at Beverly Dunes to help keep the area open to the public. Camping at Beverly Dunes gives the event some extra fun. Below are three reports of the days the group camped for the Beverly Dunes clean up event.

On Friday April 26th, 2013 volunteers met up at Beverly Dunes ORV Area to set up camp for the Beverly Dunes Clean-up.

Once camp was set up everyone went out to play in the sand dunes. Guido went back to camp and met a guy that just pulled in with a brand new Can Am Maverick. Guido decide to ride a long to show the guy the dunes and to check out this new toy. They met up with are group and continued heading into the dunes. The next thing I knew they were up side down at the bottom on a sand dune. They seemed to be ok but the Maverick was broken. Guido and I headed back to camp to get Guido’s trailer with my JK to get the Maverick out of the dunes. As we were gone the Maverick driver past out and the guys helping him called 911. By the time we got back out there the driver was walking around. The fire department took the driver back to camp so the paramedics could check him out. We winched the Maverick onto Guido’s trailer with Guido’s TJ and headed back to camp.

Back at camp there were a lot of emergency vehicles. They checked out the Maverick driver and he seemed to be ok. The driver headed home with his brand new broken toy after the Sheriff was done talking with him.

We did a night run after dinner.

Here are a few pictures I took of Friday:

On Saturday April 27th, 2013 volunteers met up at Beverly Dunes ORV Area around 10 AM for the Beverly Dunes Clean-up hosted by the Yakima/Kittitas Forest Watch Association (the non-profit division of Eastern Washington Adventures).

This year the ORV Area had more trash than normal. We had a few other maintenance projects we did with the DNR. There was a lot of volunteers so the work was over by 1 PM just in time for the potluck lunch. The volunteers were Eastern Washington Adventures members, Pegasus Northwest employees and a few others that just showed up to help.

We would like to thank all the people that came out to help.

Here are a few pictures I took of Saturday:

On Sunday April 28th, 2013 we jumper into the Jeeps and headed down to Saddle Mountain Sand Dunes to check the area out. The area was very very cool with some big dunes. A lot of the dunes on the back sides had steep drop offs with rocks at the bottom. At the top of the main dunes I had a lot of fun in an off camber section going both ways. On the way down past that part I buried the JK in some dry sand and had to be winch out by Colton. We headed back down to play in the lower area. That was a lot of fun.

After we got back to camp at Beverly Dunes, we had breakfast and then played one last time in Beverly Sand Dunes.

This was a great weekend thanks to all who came.

Here are a few pictures I took of the Sunday:

Last edited by Ceg; 05-01-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

EWA Club Member / Park Ranger Foxracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    looking forward to seeing some pics
    04 Wrangler Rubicon (adventure rig)- 3.25" Rough Country lift, JKS 1.25 body lift, 1.25 motor mount lift, 35 KM2 tires, homemade on board air system Viair 450c compressor, custom rear bumper air tank, Dana 44's locked front/rear superior chromoly axle shafts, spicer u-joints, NP241 t-case 4:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000 lb winch, custom built rock sliders, light bar, and exhaust

04 Yamaha Banshee (fast toy)350cc twin 2 stroker - Toomey T-6 Racing Pipes, jetted and tuned

06 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon (Daily Driver/ back roads adventure rig) - custom 1 inch lift, chopped front bumper, 27 inch General Grabber tires, custom built light bar, Hella 500 FF rally lights, Primitive Racing 1/4 aluminum engine skid / rear diff skid, tow package, and magnaflow exhaust

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    I updated the first post with photos. I am hoping not to have too many typos.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Great pics! Looks like a great time!
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Great pics, Ceg! Looks like you guys had some more fun after I left!
    '04 TJ: 4.0L, 3.5" suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, 35x12.5 BFG KM2 w/Staun beadlocks, ARB lockers, high clearance skid plate, on-board air, 4:56 gears, winch

EWA Sponsor
    EWA Club Member
    Thanks for posting all the pics and the write up. We look forward to seeing everyone again at Juniper.
    2012 Polaris RZR XP 4 900 Liquid Silver LE (limited edition)
    ~
    rescue rig: '05 Ford Excursion, Eddie Bauer - 35x12.50, 6.0 turbo diesel, custom 3.0"F-2.5"R, lift, head studs, inner cooler, oil cooler, hybrid turbo, performance injectors, upgraded torque convertor, custom SCT tune, 450hp 800+ lb-ft tork (my mechanic I guessed) and much more
    ~
    commuter / ski rig: '05 Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo - Revo stage ii, 500hp

Nice pictures CEG. Thanks for posting them.
    '97 F250, 7.3L PSD, ZF 5spd, CC, SB, 4" AFE intake, 3" dp, 4" straight pipe, 6" lift, 3.73 gears, D60 swap with ARB, 10.25ls rear, Glowshift Gauges and PHP tunes!

'73 Bronco, 302 HO, ZF 5spd, Twin Stick D20, D44 front, 9" rear, Detroits f&r