Thread: Juniper Dunes Mother's Day Run - May 2007

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Quad Rig Juniper Dunes Mother's Day Run - May 2007

Juniper Dunes Mother's Day Run
    Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Friday May 11th, 2007 Fatboy's family and mine convoyed to Juniper Dunes near Pasco, Washington to camp for the weekend.
    We set up camp near the power lines off the newer parking road.

We drove the kids out to the tall dunes and let them do some sand sledding.

Saturday morning most of the others showed up at camp around 10 AM. Some Peak Putters Club and some EWOR forum members.

Commando14 was the Trail Boss on this run and lead us out to the big dunes below the Upper Parking Area.

Jacobie

Jerry from Yakima and Fatboy in the background

99, Luna, Test Dummy and GaryM

Bobstar

99 & Luna

Ben

Jacobie

GaryM

Fatboy

Test Dummy

Commando14 and Luna in the background

After awhile hill climbing that area we head on up the trail. Here is Test Dummy at the Juniper Dunes Wilderness sign in box.

We stopped for a break along the Juniper Dunes Wilderness boundary.

Moving on down the fence line we came up on a gas line. We stopped and waited for the others. Someone was having some problems on the trail behind us. It didn't take to long and they were back on the trail. Here comes "Jerry from Yakima".

Ben

Toward the end of the ORV area we had lunch and some fun climbing dunes.

Dave W

At this point the group split up. Most headed back out. Fatboy, Test Dummy and I wheeled to the end on the ORV area and followed the west fence line back to the big power lines. We ran the power lines close to the east fence and turned off toward camp.

Once back at camp we took a break before heading back out. Toyman2 came out to camp with us. He set up camp and so did Bobstar and Luna as Fatboy and I went back out to wheel. Colemancooler rode shot gun with me.

We were having a blast and climbing hills. I went for this hill climb a few times without much of a run.
    [IMG]
    I almost topped the hill when I lost a freeze plug. Colemancooler some how found it. We could see that someone did not have it in straight. Fatboy was nice enough to tow the Tweety Jeep back to camp with his TJ. It did a great job pulling us up the sand dunes.

As I was being towed down Peterson road back to camp, Printthis came around us. He said he had been at our camp but had to get going back home so we didn't get to visit.

Back at camp we found Hercules came to camp with us. Colemancooler headed home. The rest of us sat around the camp fire as much as we could, between the rain showers. We had a great time visiting.

Sunday most of us packed up and headed home. Bobstar and Luna stayed awhile to play.

I want to thank everyone that came out. We had a great time. I think we will be back again next Mother's Day.
    Last edited by Ceg; 11-23-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: image urls
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR
    National Rifle Association Member

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1977 C20 Farm truck, 350 ci
    1984 XJ, 4.0 L, AW4, NP242, 4.5" Rough Country, 3.73s, D30, D44 w/LS, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Colemancooler winch bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XJ
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Rough County 2.5 lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Adventurer

Rained...

It rained saturday night... right after we got our tent set up. Whew! At least we stayed dry. Got a little wet putting up the dining canopy.

However the saturday run was nice, Flowers were blooming everywhere. It seemed like they were out just for us mothers to enjoy.

Sunday everyone left & we went on a baby ride in a different area. It was also filled with flowers. I was wishing I had not forgot the camera.

I had fun visiting with the ladies & watching the children run around, seems like they have a never ending supply of energy. :iconbiggrin:

My body is really sore... got muscles aching in places I did not think I had muscles in... need to ride more often it seems.

It was really cold over night... woke up shivering at some point... had to take the cooler blanket & add it to our bed. It worked :iconbiggrin: We got warmer. Next time we'll have to make sure our extra bedding is in the tent & not hidden somewhere in our rig. I got up in the nite to try & find it but gave up because I was shivering. I'll know next time that the cooler blanket will help. I won't be fiddling around freezing I'll just take the coolers blanket.
    Moon & Star Gazer

Adventurer
    looks like you guys had fun, wish I was there

What a fun day! An annual Mother's Day Run to Juniper Dunes is a great idea. It was a pleasure seeing everybody and thanks to all of you for making it a good time.
    JERRY
    Exploring PNW Backroads
    K7PNW

Junior Adventurer

what a blast

Was a great time out in the sand!! Cant wait to wheel with everyone again was very enjoyfull for me.

Need to do a little work to the truck and be read to hit the trail a little more prepared for the trail. most of all a CB.

Thanks again for a great time.

GaryM

Junior Adventurer
    that was a kickbutt time!!! me and my girlfriend both had a blast i would like to go to juniper more often so anyone who wants to go let me know!!!
    take it off any sweet jumps???

Good report Ceg, it was fun. I almost brought the Jeepster out on Sunday morning, wasn't sure if you guys would still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobie
    that was a kickbutt time!!! me and my girlfriend both had a blast i would like to go to juniper more often so anyone who wants to go let me know!!!
    I'm thinking of possibly heading back out again this Saturday, or somewhere for a day run
    Not much time left to run Juniper before it gets REALLY HOT out there.

Looks like you all had a blast. Sorry we couldn't make it out.

Go figure the one time I don't go a guy brings a Bronco.
    [url=http://www.broncotech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi]Project Bronco Forum[/url]
    [url=http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/]Fullsize Bronco Forum[/url]
    [url]http://www.4x4preservation.com/[/url]
    [color=#0040FF]Quote: "to be politically correct is to be brain dead or just terminally dishonest"
    -Ted Nugent[/color]

Adventurer
    I really sucked getting there so late :crybaby:
    printers are more graphic