Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REDUCED: FOR SALE: 1980 GMC K35 Dually Crew Cab 4X4

REDUCED: FOR SALE: 1980 GMC K35 Dually Crew Cab 4X4

03/22/2009 - UPDATED with lots more info, pics and REDUCED PRICE - $3500 OBO!

This truck is awesome. Very reliable and dependable! It just sucks on MPG when pulling heavy loads. <--- that is the ONLY reason I am selling it. 5-7 MPG is about what I get when pulling heavy loads at highway speeds. Slowing down might get me better MPG but I am always in a hurry so I can't slow down. I'm trying to buy a Duramax or Cummins.

Six nearly brand new 33" Maxxis tires, rebuilt knuckles, new stainless steel Mile Marker locking hubs, new brakes and wheel bearings front and rear as needed, rebuilt 454BBC (.30 over + RV cam 18,000 miles+/-), new Edelbrock carb, rebuilt TH400 (28,000 miles+/-), NP208, Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear, 4.56 gears, new exhaust from headers back, trailer brake booster, new top of the line Modine radiator (not cheap!), new NAPA gold series water pump, new Optima battery, most dash switches are new, new wiper motor, lots lots more.

Runs and drives straight down the road. If I could afford the fuel I would not hesitate to load my family in it and drive it to Florida and back. If you are interested PLEASE read this whole thread as there have been lots of things done to this truck over the last few months.

The bad: The truck looks nice from about 20-30 feet away. Up close you will see that the body has typical 80's GM rust in most places. The cab is more solid (less rust) than most but it does have rust. There are minor dents in drivers front fender. Drivers door has a big crease down the middle of it where it looks like it hit a pole when it was opened or something. I got most of the crease to push out but you can still see it plus the rust where the paint chipped away. The window track is worn out so the window needs basic assistance when you roll it up and down. The hood was creased in the normal GM spot but I've since reinforced it and put newer springs on it so it opens and closes nicely. The hood has minor crease marks where it started to fold/crease. The interior is old school velvet that shows signs of wear but is still cool in a nostalgic way. Windshield is cracked on passenger side but not illegal IMO.

Motor:
    Ron The Parts Guy!

I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

Re: Hate to do it... FOR SALE: 1980 GMC K35 Dually Crew Cab 4X4

With MAXXIS 33" tires:

Ron The Parts Guy!

Trade you for a suburban
    Drive it like its stolen
    99 4runner, 96 Cheby(tow rig), [color=#FF0000]35 ford pu[/color], [color=#FFFF00]62 mini cooper[/color] '94 Sportster

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

I really need a crew cab 4x4 with power. I just don't know if I could do the mileage.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by ToyZuki
    Trade you for a suburban

Your price isn't too far out there. Any more than that and I would say good luck, but I think if you could find someone to pay 5 for it. I had mine up for sale for 5 and had a ton of people from the east coast want it, and quite a few interested people from the seattle area.
    2005 Mercedes C230
    1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    1954 Ford F100

Senior Adventurer colemancooler's Avatar

seems like a sweet rig and a fair Price
    [img]http://www.treadlightly.org/images/jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif[/img][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2953/treadtrainerlogocc3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

thats what weve been lookin for to haul a few dragsters around, is it any cheaper without the lift or does the lift just come with it?? BTW Ron, Nick O'Brien, He is a good guy, heard from him that you may be hiring him part time/on call for a fab man, I've seen his TIG welding, looks great...
    [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYPo4G36rko"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYPo4G36rko[/url]

I'm kinda sad to see it go

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM 309
    I'm kinda sad to see it go
    Oh boy! I'm loosing sleep trying to figure out how to buy a Cummins or Duramax without selling my dually.

I'm thinking about selling my XR650L or my Grizzly 660 instead.

I refuse to buy anything on payments so I gotta come up with about $10k to buy the truck I want.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

we have a dodge at work the body dtyle you posted earlier . it has 375,000 miles on it and today I drove it to lake chelan and Back, it still runs like a champ and Pulls a load up a hill like no other rig I have ever driven. My boss bought the truck with no Bed for $400
    [img]http://www.treadlightly.org/images/jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif[/img][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2953/treadtrainerlogocc3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by colemancooler
    we have a dodge at work the body dtyle you posted earlier . it has 375,000 miles on it and today I drove it to lake chelan and Back, it still runs like a champ and Pulls a load up a hill like no other rig I have ever driven. My boss bought the truck with no Bed for $400
    Ask him if he wants to sell it. I'll double his money and give him $800 for it.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

That sounds like a steal to me. You must have two or three times that into it.
    JERRY
    Exploring PNW Backroads
    K7PNW

Almost forgot... this truck has the factory tach in the dash.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

Drivers side picture:

Ron The Parts Guy!

I got lots of work done on this today. Gotta love those pain pills and Mtn. Dew

New wiper motor, new wiper washer switch, new headlight switch, replaced loose tilt wheel with nice tight tilt wheel and newer steering wheel, horn works now, cleaned up previous owners wiring mess and got all factory gauges working.

If the fuel prices keep falling and I keep fixing this up I may not sell it to buy a diesel.

A little armor all and this wheel will clean up nice:

I took the time to tape off the chrome and paint the column before installing it:

New window wiper motor:

It felt good to get out of the house today. My knee still hurts but I was able to get around ok today.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

you got more truck work done than me don't forget to take it easy

Quote Originally Posted by colemancooler
    you got more truck work done than me don't forget to take it easy
    You ain't kidding. I was up all night in pain after working on my truck.

I did some more light/easy work on it today since I need to get it in near perfect shape for selling purposes.

I painted the wiper motor since the surface rust was already taken over.

All the wiring under the dash is 90% back to stock now. I got rid of all "taps" into the factory wiring and cleaned it up so that the factory wiring is on it's own and the alarm, stereo and brake booster have all new wiring separate from the factory wiring.

The only factory wire I've tapped into is the starter wire. I had to do this to add the starter kill relay to the alarm system.

I even added a pin/door switch and ran dome light wiring since this came from the factory without either.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

REDUCED AGAIN: $3950

I've got nearly that much in receipts for recent work! That doesn't include my original purchase price or any of my labor.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

I'm still fixing this sweet truck up little by little. I'm going to replace the brown seat belts with black ones (just ordered them) so they match the interior.

I'm still planning on installing new leaf springs and shocks but I'm waiting for my knee to get well enough to do such.

Still for sale.
    Ron The Parts Guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast